I want to make a clean copy of my Joomla website.
For instance, I want to create a copy of A which can be called B.
The simplest way is:
- Add a domain into your host using Add-on domains (e.g. www.B.com)
- Upload the latest zip version of Joomla. Go to your hosting cPanel and extract it.
- Go to cPanel > MySQL Databases > Create a database (e.g BB). Create an account (username: BB+password: BBBB).
- Within your browser run : www.B.com and follow the wizard for installing your Joomla website to the end.
- Go to your cPanel file manager inside of the folder B. Select all files except (configuration.php) and (htaccess.txt) and delete all of them.
- Then go to A folder and copy all files except (configuration.php) and paste it into B.
- Go to cPanel > PhpMyAdmin. Then choose BB and Drop all tables in database. After this step you should able to see only name of database with 0 table.
- Within PhPMyAdmin choose A database and export all of database into an sql file and save it in your computer.
- Then go to BB and Import this A.sql file into your BB database.
- Now, if you go to www.B.com, you should see B website with all databases and files from A.
Note: Always keep 2 files in your folder: (configuration.php) and (htaccess.txt) since these are related to configuration.